Monday, May 5, 2008

Take Home Message

I signed up for IT 101x because I wanted to learn more than just what left clicking does like the regular IT classes. I’m definitely glad I took it, I learned a lot more than I would have in the regular class. I also like how a lot of what we learned is applicable to the real world, like the excel projects. At first I thought Web 2.0 was just a lot of web applications that all serve functions that weren’t useful to me. After using Popfly, though I saw how useful Web 2.0 can be in the real world, and how it is going to have a huge impact on the internet in the future. I also thought it was exciting to see that we’re the first class to take advantage of this new technology and learn about it, and how Microsoft is so involved in helping us learn it.

My take home message is that even though people might be resistant to the changes in technology that are coming, in the long run these new advances are going to improve the quality of life for most people, just as the internet has done in the past decade. I think something that we could not be tested on is the way we use the internet. Given a problem, with our new knowledge of Web 2.0 there is a seemingly unlimited number of solutions. There is a number of different Web 2.0 applications that we can take advantage of now, that we could never be tested on our knowledge of them simply because they are changing and expanding everyday.






No comments: